To collect, preserve, interpret, and disseminate Beverly’s regional history.
The Beverly Historical Society was founded in 1891, and the 1781 John Cabot House has been our headquarters since 1892. In addition to a collection of nearly a million objects and documents related to Beverly history, the Society preserves and interprets the 17th century Balch House and Hale Farm, both of which were acquired in the 1930s.
Throughout its history, the Society has collected, preserved, and interpreted Beverly history, offering programs to the public, as well as to teachers and students. Now, with a new strategic plan in place, the Society's trustees, staff and volunteers are committed to creating a sustainable future and increased services to the public.
Audit, FY 2012
Annual Report, 2011-2012
Strategic Plan, 2011-2016
Financial documents, FY 2010